Skip to content
- We, at Better Drones are committed to safeguarding the privacy of our website, visitors, users, clients, trainees and customers. This policy applies where we are collecting personal data for any of the services being provided by us. Our website incorporates privacy controls which affect how we will process your personal data.
- The data that we collect:
- Personal Data: This Section sets out the details of personal data that we process and, in the case of personal data that we do not obtain directly from you, the information about its source.
- Contact Data: This is the data we may process to enable us to get in touch with you. It may include your name, email address, telephone number, postal address and / or social media account identifiers. If you log into our website using a social media account, we will obtain elements of the contact data from the relevant social media account provider.
- Communication data: We may process information contained in or relating to any communication that you send to us or that we send to you. The communication data may include the communication content and metadata associated with the communication. Our website will generate the metadata associated with communications made using the website contact forms.
- Transaction data: We will process information relating to admissions to drone training courses through our website. The transaction data will include your name, your contact details, your payment card details, or other payment details and the transaction details. The source of the transaction data is you and our payment services provider.
- Usage data: We may process data about your use of our website and services. The usage data may include your IP address, geographical location, browser type and version, operating system, referral source, length of visit, page views and website navigation paths, as well as information about the timing, frequency and pattern of your service use. The source of the usage data is our analytics tracking system].
- Purposes and Legal Basis of Processing Data: This part sets out the purposes for which we may process personal data and the legal basis of the processing.
- Services, Operations & Training – We may process your personal data for the purposes of onwards transmission to DGCA, streamlining your training, course documentation, providing our services, generating invoices, bills and other payment-related documentation, and credit control. The legal basis for this processing is our legitimate interests, namely the proper administration of our website, services, training and business.
- Relationships and Communications – We may process contact data, account data, transaction data and/or communication data for the purposes of managing our relationships, communicating with you by email, SMS, post, and/or telephone, providing support services and complaint handling. We may be communicating in order to send the likes of notifications, invitations & newsletters etc. The legal basis for this processing is our legitimate interests, namely communications with our website visitors, service users, individuals, clients and customers, the maintenance of relationships, and the proper administration of our website, services and business.
- Direct marketing – We may process contact data, account data and/or transaction data for the purposes of creating, targeting and sending direct marketing communications by email, SMS, and/or post and making contact by telephone for marketing-related purposes. The legal basis for this processing is our legitimate interests, namely promoting our business and communicating marketing messages and notifications to our website visitors and service users.
- Research and analysis – We may process usage data and/or transaction data for the purposes of researching and analysing the use of our website and services, as well as researching and analysing other interactions with our business. The legal basis for this processing is our legitimate interests, namely monitoring, supporting, improving and securing our website, services and business.
- Record keeping – We may process your personal data for the purposes of creating and maintaining our databases, back-up copies of our databases and our business records. The legal basis for this processing is our legitimate interests, namely ensuring that we have access to all the information we need to properly and efficiently run our training, business, compliance & obligatory activities, in accordance with this policy.
- Security – We may process your personal data for the purposes of security and the prevention of fraud and other criminal activity. The legal basis of this processing is our legitimate interests, namely the protection of our website, services and business, and the protection of others.
- Insurance and risk management– We may process your personal data where necessary for the purposes of obtaining or maintaining insurance coverage, managing risks and/or obtaining professional advice. The legal basis for this processing is our legitimate interests, namely the proper protection of our business against risks.
- Legal claims & compliances – We may process your personal data where necessary for the establishment, exercise or defence of legal claims, whether in court proceedings or in an administrative or out-of-court procedure. We may also process your personal data where such processing is necessary for compliance with a legal obligation to which we are subject or in order to protect your vital interests or the vital interests of another person. The legal basis for this processing is our legitimate interests, namely the protection and assertion of our legal rights, your legal rights and the legal rights of others.
- We may disclose your personal data to our insurers and/or professional advisers insofar as reasonably necessary for the purposes of obtaining or maintaining insurance coverage, managing risks, obtaining professional advice.
- Your personal data held in our website database will be stored on the servers of our hosting services providers. Financial transactions relating to our website and services may be handled by our payment services providers,. We will share transaction data with our payment services providers only to the extent necessary for the purposes of processing your payments, refunds, if any, and dealing with complaints and queries relating to such payments and refunds.
Retaining and Deleting Personal Data
- This Section sets out our data retention policies and procedures, which are designed to help ensure that we comply with our legal obligations in relation to the retention and deletion of personal data.
- Personal data that we process for any purpose or purposes shall not be kept for longer than is necessary for that purpose or those purposes. We will retain your personal data as follows:
- Contact, account, communication, and transaction data will be retained for a minimum period of 3 years following the date of the most recent contact between you and us, and for a maximum period of 5 years from that date.
- Usage data will be retained for 2 years following the date of collection; and
- Notwithstanding the other provisions of this Section, we may retain your personal data where such retention is necessary for compliance with a legal obligation to which we are subject, or in order to protect your vital interests or the vital interests of another person.
- In this Section, we have listed the rights that you have under data protection law. Your principal rights under data protection law are:
- the right to access – you can ask for copies of your personal data;
- the right to rectification – you can ask us to rectify inaccurate personal data and to complete incomplete personal data;
- the right to erasure – you can ask us to erase your personal data;
- the right to restrict or object to processing – you can ask us to restrict the processing of your personal data;
- the right to complain to a supervisory authority – you can complain about our processing of your personal data; and
- the right to withdraw consent – to the extent that the legal basis of our processing of your personal data is consent, you can withdraw that consent.
Cookies used by our service providers
- We may update this policy from time to time by publishing a new version on our website. You should check this page occasionally to ensure you are happy with any changes to this policy. We may notify you of significant changes to this policy. Our decision to categorize changes as significant or otherwise shall be final and undisputable.
- This website is owned and operated by Better Drones. We are registered in Uttar Pradesh under Corporate Identity Number U93090UP2019PTC112303 and our registered office is at 456/3, Daulat Ganj Chowk, Lucknow, Uttar Pradesh, India – 226003
- Our principal place of business is at Plot 25-27, Knowledge Park 1, Greater Noida – 201308.. You can contact us at any of the following:
- By post, to the postal address given above.
- By using our website contact form.
- By telephone, on the contact number published on our website.
- By email, using the email address published on our website.